Ross-on-Wye reinvents itself
Ross-on-Wye will be a Museum without Walls
Ross-on-Wye is to host a festival of music, drama, children’s theatre and virtual reality between 15-17 March 2019 as a prelude to more ambitious plans. Organiser createROSS hopes ‘Ross Reinvented’ will be the start of a much more substantial project. The festival opens on Friday 15th March with a soul party featuring live band - The Mighty Pledge.
Saturday sees the arrival of The Orchestra of The Swan - a classical treat and Kids Sunday features the brilliant puppets of Noisy Oyster in a circus performance.
There will also be performances of Hush Now, Hidden Women in the town centre on Saturday. The festival ends on Sunday afternoon with the launch of a virtual reality project, the reinstatement of John Kyrle's Fountain up on the Prospect.
This is the first stage of what is hoped will be an ongoing town-wide project: the Museum Without Walls.
- 15th March - 7.30pm. The Mighty Pledge at The Venue, Ross On Wye. £15
- 16th March - 7.30pm. Orchestra Of The Swan at The Venue, Ross On Wye. £10
- 16th March - 11am - 3pm ‘Hush Now, Hidden Women' in town centre, Ross On Wye. Free
- 17th March - 2.30pm. Noisy Oyster at St Marys Church, Ross On Wye. £5
- 17th March - 4pm. Launch of ‘Museum Without Walls’. The Prospect, Ross On Wye. Free