Footloose and Toll Free...
The Forest of Dean is easily accessible from many major cities and areas of the UK, but with the Severn Bridges now toll free it has never been easier or quicker to reach us from Bristol, Bath and the South West. So we’d like to invite you to make a date to come and experience all that the Forest of Dean has to offer.
Our exciting new film shows our area off in all its glory - a natural outdoor playground where you are invited to ‘make it yours’ through heritage, adventure, nature, taste and of course, a lot of fun along the way.
Forest of Dean… Make it Yours
Climb to the top of a hill for an epic view of seven counties, wander through ancient woodland, cosy up in a forest cabin with a hot tub, taste delicious artisan food and award-winning wines, try something new such as kayaking, caving, archery or even handling a hawk.
Then feel the rush of soaring birds of prey overhead, or your mountain bike beneath as you bump along a trail. From heritage railway attractions which younger visitors will adore, to open-air sculpture trails, craft centres and pretty pub gardens, this is a place for tots, teens, friends, families, new couples, retired couples, and everyone in between.
Our BIG #MyForestofDean photo competition
We ran our biggest ever competition recently, offering tickets to every attraction and fun-packed activity featured in the above video. We asked for you to share photos of your #MyForestofDean moments on social media and you didn't disappoint, with hundreds of fantastic entries! We chose the following four winners to win these great prizes:
Week One, won by Sarah Williams
- Inspire2Adventure - Stand-Up Paddleboarding for 2
- Pedalabikeaway - Bike hire half-day for a family or full day for 2
- Tudor Farmhouse Hotel - Afternoon Tea for 2
Week Two, won by Anna Kitto
- Puzzlewood - Family ticket for 4 (2 adults + up to 2 children)
- Forest of Dean Adventure - Archery family ticket for 4 (2 adults + up to 2 children)
- Hillside Brewery - Classic Brewery Tour for up to 4 adults
Week Three, won by Rina Gokani Thomas
- Perrygrove Railway - Family ticket for 4 (2 adults + up to 2 children)
- Clearwell Caves - Family ticket for 4 (2 adults + up to 2 children) plus caving for 2 people
- Speech House Hotel - Afternoon Tea for 2
Week Four, won by Cheri Jones
- International Birds of Prey Centre - Family ticket for 4 (2 adults + up to 2 children)
- Butterfly Zoo, aMazing Hedge Puzzle, golf and laser ops - Family ticket for 4 (2 adults + up to 2 children)
- Chepstow Racecourse - Race day entry for 2 adults
A huge thanks to everyone who entered and keep using #MyForestofDean on social media to show us how you’re making the Forest of Dean yours!
In partnership with