Footloose and Toll Free...
With summer in full swing, schools closed, evenings long and the Severn Bridges toll free, we’d like to invite you to make a date to come and experience all that the Forest of Dean has to offer. Plus this August we’d like to invite you to take part in our photo competition to win some great prizes.
Our exciting new film shows our area off in all its glory - a natural outdoor playground where you are invited to ‘make it yours’ through heritage, adventure, nature, taste and of course, a lot of fun along the way.
Forest of Dean… Make it Yours
Climb to the top of a hill for an epic view of seven counties, wander through ancient woodland, cosy up in a forest cabin with a hot tub, taste delicious artisan food and award-winning wines, try something new such as kayaking, caving, archery or even handling a hawk.
Then feel the rush of soaring birds of prey overhead, or your mountain bike beneath as you bump along a trail. From heritage railway attractions which younger visitors will adore, to open-air sculpture trails, craft centres and pretty pub gardens, this is a place for tots, teens, friends, families, new couples, retired couples, and everyone in between.
Make it Yours… and WIN
This summer we’re launching our biggest competition ever, with tickets to every attraction and fun-packed activity featured in the video up for grabs.
How to enter…
Beginning on Friday 2nd August 2019, we want to see your best photos and videos showing us your #MyForestofDean moments and we'll pick four winners, one each week, to win.
So show us what you love about the Forest of Dean. What are your favourite places, views and things to do? Capture whatever #MyForestofDean means to you. Then share with us by submitting your photos and videos of your Forest of Dean moments on social media for a chance to win one of our brilliant prizes.
The winning photo each week will be posted on our social media accounts along with the winner's name.
What’s up for grabs?
Here are the great prizes on offer:
Week One, 2-9 August
- Inspire2Adventure - Stand-Up Paddleboarding for 2
- Pedalabikeaway - Bike hire half-day for a family or full day for 2
- Tudor Farmhouse Hotel - Afternoon Tea for 2
Week Two, 9-16 August
- Puzzlewood - Family ticket for 4 (2 adults + up to 2 children)
- Forest of Dean Adventure - Archery family ticket for 4 (2 adults + up to 2 children)
- Hillside Brewery - Classic Brewery Tour for up to 4 adults
Week Three, 16-23 August
- Perrygrove Railway - Family ticket for 4 (2 adults + up to 2 children)
- Clearwell Caves - Family ticket for 4 (2 adults + up to 2 children) plus caving for 2 people
- Speech House Hotel - Afternoon Tea for 2
Week Four, 23-30 August
- International Birds of Prey Centre - Family ticket for 4 (2 adults + up to 2 children)
- Butterfly Zoo, aMazing Hedge Puzzle, golf and laser ops - Family ticket for 4 (2 adults + up to 2 children)
- Chepstow Racecourse - Race day entry for 2 adults
We can’t wait to see your #MyForestofDean moments. Good Luck!
In partnership with
Terms & Conditions:
- Prizes are provided by each business and we will put you in contact with them to coordinate receiving your prize.
- All activities must be pre-booked. Each prize is for the number of people stated only.
- The terms and conditions of the business apply to each prize and will have a date they need to be redeemed by.
- The prizes have no cash equivalent and are not transferable.
- No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
- Winners agree to their images and videos being used for marketing and promotional purposes by WVFDT.
- Photos/videos which have won other competitions cannot be entered.
- No limit on number of entries per person.