This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here

All Saints Church - Newland - The Cathedral Of The Forest

Attraction in or near Newland -
Image

All Saints Church Newland, traditionally and affectionately known as the Cathedral of the Forest, dates back to the early 1200s. King John appointed Robert of Wakering as first Rector in 1216. The original, rather smaller, building was expanded during the next two hundred years to the size and shape of the present church. A further major restoration took place in the 1860’s. The village of Newland did not exist before the clearing was made in the Forest and the church built. 

This historic church is home to the Miners Brass a symbol of the Royal Forest of Dean.

Location

 
Features and Facilities

Prices

Detailed Information

All Saints Church Newland, traditionally and affectionately known as the Cathedral of the Forest, dates back to the early 1200s. King John appointed Robert of Wakering as first Rector in 1216. The original, rather smaller, building was expanded during the next two hundred years to the size and shape of the present church. A further major restoration took place in the 1860’s. The village of Newland did not exist before the clearing was made in the Forest and the church built. 

This historic church is home to the Miners Brass a symbol of the Royal Forest of Dean.

Rating Style aa

Tags

Tagged with.. -tag_li_list-

Ratings

Secondary Awards & Memberships
-AVAILABILITY_IFRAME-

-SPECIALS-

Please mention the Tourism Association Special Offer when making a booking

-REVIEWS-

Upcoming Events at All Saints Church - Newland - The Cathedral Of The Forest

-UPCOMING_EVENTS-

Address
Almshouse Road
Newland
Gloucestershire
GL16 8NL
Call: 01594 832808
O/S Ref: SO555093

Directions

Situated 1 mile South West of Coleford off the A466.

-HOURS_INFO-