10 top tips for holidaying with teens
- Get everyone involved in the holiday planning process so the whole family ‘buy in’ before you set off
- Set boundaries for screen time – yes, that includes mum and dad!
- Be honest about where there might not be wi-fi – it will be good for everyone to switch off for a while
- Embrace teen food and seek places that work for all – wood-fired pizza, gourmet burgers, vegan street food can all be healthy and delicious if you know where to look
- Allow extra time for teen social shots/interactions. Grown-ups can take in the view while they do their ‘thing’.
- Expect late rises - accompanying adults can take the chance to relax or focus on younger siblings.
- Give everyone their space and some down-time after a busy activity-filled day.
- Avoid repetition and make sure you include variety and activities to keep teens interested
- Stop and take in those precious holiday moments when everyone is enjoying themselves – they grow up all too fast!
- Don’t forget to schedule a post-trip get-together to remember the good times - build a photo book to ensure those precious pictures are treasured forever