Coronavirus Updates: Information for Visitors
Please read: Know Before You Go: Our Guide to Visiting the Forest of Dean and Wye Valley Responsibly here.
If you are travelling to the Forest of Dean and Wye Valley please do so with caution, common sense and consideration for the people who live here. They want to be able to walk in their local area in safety too.
This is also a crucial time for our wildlife and there will be many nests including ground nesting birds, adders and baby animals especially at wildlife reserves and deep in the forest. If you are walking a dog please be particularly cautious, the wildlife have had several months of peace and space and won't be used to seeing lots of people. Do not swim in ponds or lakes, this is not permitted and is extremely dangerous.
As a destination we are committed to responsible tourism and want to do everything in our power to ensure the health and safety of all visitors.
Thank you and we look forward to being able to welcome you back to the Forest of Dean and Wye Valley.
Ways you can continue to support our local businesses:
We've put together an online gift guide here featuring all of our businesses which sell products online including food and drink, arts and crafts, and gift vouchers which are a great way to pay it forwards and keep supporting our businesses during this difficult time.
We've also put together a list of businesses providing takeaway and delivery services during this time here. Some are providing hampers and picnic baskets too.
See other ways you can support our local businesses here.
- If you show any symptoms or have been around anyone with symptoms the guidance is to self-isolate, so please do not travel. See the NHS symptom checker here.
- Maintain social distancing at all times, please be considerate to others and please always follow official guidance.
- Our What's On page may list events which have been cancelled. We will try to update it as best we can but please do check the event's official website before travelling.
- If you are a local business see our key links information on local business support and guidance here.
- Find the latest information about COVID-19 on the official UK government website here.
- The UK’s national tourism agency, Visit Britain has compiled additional advice and information for visitors here.
Last updated: 6th July 2020.