Due to the continued spread of the coronavirus COVID-19 the message from our government is quite clear: stay home. As such all of our visitor attractions, activities, restaurants, pubs and cafes have closed. Forestry England sites and car parks are closed as are Natural Resources Wales sites and car parks to avoid overcrowding.
As a destination we are committed to responsible tourism and want to do everything in our power to ensure the health and safety of all visitors. Please follow official advice and see below for further information about the Forest of Dean and Wye Valley:
- If you show any symptoms or have been around anyone with symptoms the guidance is to self-isolate, so please do not travel. NHS symptom checker.
- Some hospitality businesses are modifying their offering where possible such as providing a takeaway or delivery service however all are closed to other business.
- Some shops are open in line with current guidelines. Please check direct with the business - their website and social media accounts are the best place to do that.
- If you already have a booking of any kind please contact the business directly. Please consider modifying your booking to a later date instead of cancelling. #DontCancelModify
- Where possible please support our local businesses by buying gift vouchers or experiences or using their online shop.
- See other ways to support our business here.
- Walking in open spaces can be carried out as long as you are not showing any symptoms and are not self-isolating but please only use your local spaces (do not travel long distances) and do not walk in groups or where you see too many other people. Please always follow official guidance.
- Our What's On page may list events which have been cancelled. We will try to update it as best we can but please do check the event's official website before travelling.
- Some of our accommodation providers have offered their empty properties to key workers or those self-isolating. Please understand that just because you see people using these at this time does not mean that they are on holiday.
- If you are a local business see our key links information on local business support and guidance here.
We are all hopeful that the forecasted 12 week lockdown will not continue further. We will update this page regularly with any new information. Please bear with us in these unprecedented times.
Find the latest information about the coronavirus on the official UK government website here.
The UK’s national tourism agency, Visit Britain has compiled additional advice and information for visitors here.
Ways you can continue to support our local businesses:
We have put together a list of businesses providing takeaway and delivery services during this time here.
We've also put together an online gift guide here featuring all of our businesses which provide gift vouchers, a great way to pay it forwards and keep supporting our businesses during this difficult time.
See other ways you can support our local businesses during this difficult time here.
Last updated: 2nd April 2020.